Performs a broad range of secretarial, administrative, and clerical support for two or more attorneys. Organizes and maintains all files relating to litigation and administrative matters under direct supervision of attorneys. Responsible for assisting the attorney(s) with secretarial and clerical duties including preparation of pleadings, correspondence, typing, and filing. Maintains calendar for assigned attorney(s), office database for cases, and organization of assigned cases. Requires knowledge of document formats of a legal nature such as contracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions. May have client, counsel and witness contact requiring discretion and judgment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of General Liability and/or Construction Defect Legal Secretarial experience required.
- 3 or more years of recent experience working with State of CA court and diary system.
- 3 or more years of CA Court E-File experience.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and document format such as complaints, answers, other pleadings, motions, briefs and other pretrial court filings.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation usage.
- Must understand technical legal terminology.
- PC literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows or other equivalent software.
- Familiarity with litigation management software systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes, internet research, including Lexis-Nexis and NILS and Legal Solutions.
- Familiarity with working in an eOffice environment.
- Previous insurance defense experience, preferred
Zurich North America - 19 months ago
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...