Performs a broad range of secretarial, administrative, and clerical support for one or more attorneys. Organizes and maintains all files relating to litigation and administrative matters under direct supervision of attorneys. Responsible for assisting the attorney(s) with secretarial and clerical duties including transcription, typing, filing and data entry. Maintains calendar for assigned attorney(s), office database for cases, and organization of assigned cases. Requires knowledge of document formats of a legal nature such as contracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions. May have client, counsel and witness contact requiring discretion and judgment.Under moderate supervision, performs basic legal research for BU or SSU attorneys. May assist in other legal work, including contract preparation, visa application, licensing activities and regulatory matters involving insurance departments. Provides appropriate research results for inclusion in collective paralegal research database.
Best candidate will have experience in Insurance Defense, Construction Defect, and Liability, and resume should reflect this experience. Please ensure your resume demonstrates your experience in the industry, accurate dates, and the types of firms work was performed for.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent
3 Or More Years Of Related Experience
1. Requires knowledge of legal terminology and document format such ascontracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions.
2. Ability to efficiently use Dictaphone and PC for word processing and database functions with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
3. Demonstrates good customer service skills.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills with knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation usage.
5. Must understand technical legal terminology.
6. PC literate with proficiency in the use of Lotus Notes, Excel, Windows or other equivalent software and familiarity with internet research,including Lexis-Nexis and NILS. Familiarity with litigation managementsoftware systems a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe,...