Actively solicits new deposit, loan, and partner (trust, insurance) relationships with business and ag clients. Under general supervision in accordance with established lending policies, procedures and criteria, receives and reviews application for credit. Will meet with applicant to explain bank credit policies or to obtain additional loan documentation. Assembles loan applications and approves loans which meet established lending criteria and are within approved lending limits. Presents loan requests above lending limit to Department Manager and/or Senior Loan committee. Typically manages a portfolio of business and/or ag loans of $7mm--$15mm.
Solicit and/or develop lending opportunities to new and existing customers.
Participate in ensuring a high level of credit quality. Assist in ensuring that the loan portfolio is in compliance with all bank and regulator policies and regulations.
- Follows the First National Bank South Dakota culture of service and sales to our customers by identifying customer needs. Promote the right bank products as solutions to fulfill the customer’s needs while maintaining best interest of the bank in following credit policy.
- Develop and maintain relationships in the community.
- Provide services, analysis, and consultation with customers using FNBSD product lines.
- Meet with present or potential loan customers, interviews them about their businesses and their loan needs to determine the best credit arrangements for the customer and the bank.
- Conduct annual reviews of financial information with customers.
- Assign credit analysis to support staff-perform high level review of analyst work for new and existing customers.
Assist in ensuring that all loan documents are properly prepared, loan files are kept current and relative, and appropriate information is forwarded to Loan Committee.
- All employees are personally held accountable for adhering to First National Bank South Dakota’s Compliance Policy and all applicable banking regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate financial status, risk assessment, and collateral evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan request.
- Ensure the security interest is perfected to mitigate risk. Perform necessary monitoring and review of accounts receivable and inventory loans.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Approves loans within specified limits or recommends approval from loan committee. (Prepare credit information and present at committee for discussion.)
- Prepare and review credit file to verify proper documentation and ensure compliance with internal guidelines, regulatory issues, and fair lending.
- Perform regular review and rating of credits for quality and provide appropriate action plan to maintain credit integrity. Address past due loans; determine exit strategy when appropriate and carry out collection activities when necessary.
- Prepare loan forms/documentation for approved loans.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the goals and strategic plan of FNBSD in the local market.
- Participate in the departments’ public relations efforts and activities.
- Stay informed of trends, current economics and practices that affect the market and/or customers.
- Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
- Have an absence of negative temperament/no disruptive personal qualities.
- Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
- Maintain strong community involvement.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may supervise support staff such as Banking Assistants or Credit Analysts.
Education and/or Experience
1) Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business-related area. (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc..),
Equivalent work experience is acceptable with significant formal training in lending.
2) Minimum 3-5 years lending and banking experience in agricultural and/or commercial lending, credit administration and business development is required. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3) Experience with and demonstrated understanding of lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis.
1) Coursework in Graduate School of Banking.
1) Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial ratios, tax returns and legal documents.
2) Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
3) Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
1) Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
2) Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
1) Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
2) Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Knowledge and Skills
1) Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2) Proven ability to analyze and structure credit.
3) Proficient in structuring and administering agricultural and/or commercial credits.
4) Outstanding sales and business development skills are required.
5) Strong negotiation skills.
6) Must be a self starter with the drive to achieve results.
7) The ideal candidate will be goal oriented and exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
8) Knowledge of commercial and/or agricultural business.
9) Experience in credit underwriting.
10) Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
11) Computer literacy in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
12) Must be organized and detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Must be able to provide written and verbal communication either in person or over the telephone.
2) Must poses manual dexterity in order to perform physical activities of operating office machines, reaching for telephone, dialing telephone and holding it for long periods of time as well as keyboarding for data entry into computer.
3) Frequent repetitive motion in wrists, hands, and fingers are required for keyboarding.
4) Frequently is required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
5) Frequently required to lift, bend and reach to obtain documents to and from files.
6) The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
" General office environment
" The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First National Bank South Dakota promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
First National of Nebraska, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job