Ensure compliance with loan policy and compliance standards. Provide regular and routine quality service to business/agricultural customers and lenders through knowledgeable customer service, accurate preparation of loan documents, consistent customer follow-up, and detailed monitoring of information required in the lending process. Ensure compliance with loan policy.
- Ensure compliance with loan policy and compliance standards. Complete all assigned compliance training.
- Originate loan requests. Front-line document preparation for business and/or agricultural loans. Meet with walk-in customers requesting loans to establish relationship, discuss general process and set appointment with lender.
- Gather and coordinate loan document collection by assisting lender in accomplishing lending duties.
- Review loan documents for accuracy. Ensure loan files and loan systems are updated, accurate, and meet compliance standards.
- Send loan documents to the Loan Operations Processor.
- Assist lender with writing loan memo drafts.
- Assist with the organization process for loan closings and close loans as assigned.
- Prepare and send required loan documents to Filebound.
- Maintenance of loan files, including tracking of required file documentation such as UCC’s, mortgages, insurance, titles, customer financial information, etc. Conduct REACT/Technical Exception follow-up as assigned by Senior Credit Officer or lender.
- Perform customer calls with lender as assigned as a “lender in training” prerequisite.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent experience. Two years direct customer service experience with proven ability to provide professional customer service to business owners and community leaders. Experience managing projects involving multiple pieces of information with multiple priorities and deadlines. Experience working with financial reports, loan files, tax documents, legal documents, or other sensitive and complex sets of business documents.
Experience in agriculture, commercial, and consumer loan and/or deposit documentation preparation in a banking setting. Two years general banking experience; personal banking or retail. Demonstrated sales skills.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively. Ability to use proper grammar in customer communications. Ability to edit written work for spelling and grammar. Ability to present and interpret numerical data effectively.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, lenders,
or market presidents.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial ratios, tax returns and legal documents. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to analyze information skillfully; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Capable of good judgment.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in PC operation and demonstrated understanding of applicable lending software including Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook.
- Plan and organize workflows related to deadlines and timeframes for business and agricultural loans.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Manage competing demands in a changing environment while working independently most of the time.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to remain calm and diffuse conflict.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel within South Dakota to perform customer calls with lender.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
First National Bank South Dakota promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
- General office environment with occasional travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First National of Nebraska, Inc. - 8 months ago