Work Location: Winchester, VA (remote home office)
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Lending Protection Manager
1. Achieve increase in protection solution sales using CUNA Mutual Group's Lender Development Program (LDP) in all assigned accounts (and other accounts as needed).
2. Facilitate all modules of the Lender Development Program including initial sessions, follow-up sessions and refresher sessions as required. LPMs work with lenders to not only improve protection solution sales but also uncover additional member needs and match those needs with other credit union products and services as well as those offered by CUNA Mutual Group (e.g. Loan Link Center, Loan Liner.com, Members Financial Services, etc.)
3. Meet and exceed all service standards regarding in-branch visitation and LDP training. Also ensure that monthly risk, performance, and revenue discussions take place with Credit Union management and staff.
4. Support and coach credit union branch management and staff on a continual basis focusing on implementation of the LDP tactics and principles which ensure achievement of credit union lending objectives.
5. Develop, implement, track and review credit union level sales incentive plans to support the success of the LDP.
6. Understand credit union goals to a level that allows for the creation and implementation of mutually beneficial CUNA Mutual Group and credit union lending solutions through effective account team discussions.
7. Build and nurture collaborative partnerships with Credit Union management and front line lending staff, which increases loyalty to CUNA Mutual Group and lending related solutions (credit insurance, debt cancellation, MRC, Gap, etc). Leverage the use of field staff to provide additional lending solution assistance as needed.
8. Ensure sound financial management of their territory to ensure a favorable return on dollars invested in accounts.
9. Maintain knowledge on emerging Credit Union marketplace trends in the financial services industry, and the training field in order to make recommendations to CUNA Mutual Group's portfolio of Credit Union learning solutions and provide expertise to the internal and external customer base.
10. Conducts self in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct, including but not limited to the LDP shared team philosophy, with high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
11. Demonstrate ongoing success in achieving goals outlined in the areas of participation, revenue, and expense management in the assigned territory.
12. Help organize ideas and materials for, and actively participate in, customer engagement, implementation, performance review
meetings, and account team discussions..
13. Observe and actively participate in crucial conversations with customers at assigned accounts concerning LDP-related topics including but not limited to: participation percentages, effective coaching, recognition and reward programs, sales culture, etc. resulting in improved behaviors and strengthened results.
1. Bachelor s degree in a business related discipline or equivalent trade-off in financial services industry
2. Strong selling, motivational and influencing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial services
related products and overall financial services operations.
3. Demonstrated effective analytical, problem solving, organization and planning skills.
4. Ability to coach credit union staff and to develop and execute behavioral action plans.
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written, consultative and public speaking skills.
6. Computer literate with experience working with Microsoft -Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.
7. Ability to travel 50+% of the time.
8. Ability to prioritize and develop action plans to maximize results.
9. Must be a self-starter who can work in a highly engaged national sales team environment.
10. Territory management an asset.
11. Life and Health Insurance License within 90 days of employment in this position.
12. Minimum of three years lending experience (credit union lending experience preferable.)
13. Proven work experience in coaching less experienced individuals is strongly preferred.
14. Demonstrated skill in delivering training to adult learners (minimum two years or equivalent experience.)
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MJH20131401-66735
CUNA Mutual Group - 10 months ago