Level 1 & 2 Workstation Support:|
Workstation Support Engineer will perform coordination and design work in various techn ical environments. The position research es , design s , install s , support s , troubleshoot s and repair s laptops and other system-wide workstations used throughout organization . Also conduct training, prepare manuals and instructions for department staff and users on how to use the technical environment . This position is also the primary contact for:
- Phone System
1. Research, design, implement and maintain system-wide workstation systems such as thin client, laptops, and workstations as assigned.
2. Provide system technical support for specific customer software and hardware, as assigned.
3. Create and maintain system builds on such devices as Workstation and thin client, as assigned.
4. Maintain and integrate workstation related technologies such as Print Management and Scanning.
5. Assist in training workstation users in new technology as assigned. Conduct training for departmental staff and users as needed.
6. Provide night and weekend coverage as needed.
7. Perform all job duties of a Workstation Technician as assigned.
8. Troubleshoot all technological issues includi ng NextGen & LAN print ing , Office software, scanning software , and monitoring .
9. Instruct users on computer software and hardware such as:
a. Wireless LAN
c. Fax Servers
e. Wireless devices ( Smart Phones, PDA, and Cell Phones )
10. Remain on call at all times to assist any staff members in need of tech support via RDP protocols or onsite support
Required Meetings and Hours
- Ap plication / Workstation Engineer must be able to commit t o after hours and weekend hours to facilitate upgrades and maintenance so as not to interfere with clinical hours
- Application / Workstation Engineer must be reachable by cell phone at all times
- Troubleshooting system issues
- Participating in application upgrades and system enhancements.
- Ensure all workflows and upgrades are tested and in working order prior to installation/implementation.
- Develop documentation for the end-user and administrators
- Explain simple technical problems and solutions to non-technical users.
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- D ependable in production, attendance, and meeting deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Participating in I.T. meetings and planning sessions and providing input and feedback
- Access to wiring in close spaces and on the floor and ceiling
- Able to lift 35-50lbs. (Ie. Printers, workstations, Servers)
- Able to move and carry equipment ranging from 35-50 lbs.
- Travel to locations in PA (Delaware , Chester, Montgomery & Philadelphia County) & DE (New Castle County)
Monster - 13 months ago