Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot all makes of non-vehicle engines (diesel, gasoline, gaseous), AC/DC generators, electrical/electronic controls, automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, generator networks, and related components of the generator system (batteries, battery charger, fuel system, cooling systems, etc.)
- Field installation, repair and maintenance of Industrial (6kw and above) Power Generation Systems.
- Maintain truck stock inventory.
- Timely completion of all work order related paperwork.
- Communicate with supervisor and/or customer in a professional manner.
- Provide quotations for follow-up repairs.
- Schedule and organize repairs, procure necessary parts and materials.
- Assist other Technicians in troubleshooting.
- Maintain good customer relations.
- Research for repair parts and procedures dealing with other manufacturer’s equipment.
- Consult manufacturer on undocumented repair issues and new product issues/problems.
- Provide training/orientation to customers regarding power systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two year or four year college or trade school diploma (Diesel Engines, Electrical, Mechanic and/or Power Generation.
- 3-5 years apprentice/journeyman program.
- Experience in Power Generation Field Service.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of electricity and power generation.
- Logic and troubleshooting skills.
- Reading and interpretation of blue prints, schematics, and power-line diagrams.
- Familiar with and working knowledge of low and medium voltage systems.
- Working knowledge of AC & DC motors.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and OSHA regulations.
- Thoroughly familiar with Electrical Safety Standards.
- CDL with clean driving record, per company policy.
- Transfer switchgear knowledge.
- Natural gas and diesel engine mechanical background.
- Understanding of resistance load banks and related testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to function effectively, and efficiently, without constant supervision.
- Proficient with computer skills: Microsoft Windows, Adobe, mapping software (including GPS).
- Absolute commitment to Awesome Customer Service.
- Able to effectively manage time and activities.
- Proficient use of multimeter, ammeter, megometer, refractometer.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Neat physical appearance.
- Towing, backup up of various size trailers.