We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented Level 2 Support Engineer to play a significant role in the refinement of our support strategy and maintenance of a high level of customer satisfaction for our existing customers.
You will be a part of a growing and dedicated support team and will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle. The primary function of the Level 2 Support Engineer is to assist our pre and post-sale customers with technical issues and help others on the team with deeper technical questions.
- The Level 2 Support Engineer will need to respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- They will also assist other members of the team with technical issues that need further troubleshooting before escalating to Engineering.
- This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that customer relationships are managed through proactive rapid customer communication.
- This is a highly-technical role and strong knowledge of the Linux operating system and network configuration is required.
- Willingness/eagerness to work in a Sendmail environment.
- Resolving customer issues will routinely include working in complex product and infrastructure configurations.
- Problem troubleshooting and isolation, performance tuning and optimization.
- Training the customers on product features
- Escalating product defects and issues and driving them towards resolution while managing the customer.
- This role will also entail some Perl debugging, shell scripting and technical work with MySQL.
- Positive, can-do attitude and passionate about increasing customer satisfaction
- Strong UNIX/Linux support (or administration) experience, solid TCP/IP networking, expert troubleshooting and related problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills plus a proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong messaging infrastructure experience
- Good Shell scripting and previous Perl scripting experience
- Previous experience with MySQL
- Successful track record in negotiation and conflict management/resolution
- Sendmail experience a plus
- Secure Messaging experience a plus