Level 3 Desk side Analyst
Contract opening in Irving, Texas
The L3 Desk side Analyst will have a broad range of experience and expertise in client hardware, operating system, desktop utilities, and network troubleshooting. This position will be responsible for the majority of the desk side support in an international organization, PC imaging, troubleshooting, ordering, etc. This position will also be responsible for providing level 2 phone support, solving technical problems. This position requires experience with Microsoft Office, Windows XP, TCP/IP, VPN, and desktop utilities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
1. Log all customer calls and resulting workaround or solution into the call handling system with clear concise language and takes proactive steps to minimize similar issues from recurring
2. Analyze and resolve support requests, from the end users as well as escalated issues, in accordance with the service level agreements
3. Troubleshoot the cause of problems, not just the symptoms, taking action to prevent problems from recurring
4. Communication with end users and with escalation partners (internal and external)
5. Keep the user community informed of global problems or scheduled downtime using standard templates and service level agreements
6. Keep field services and technical services informed of trends and issues that may impact their services
7. Document and communicate troubleshooting efforts on escalated issues to all teams involved with the issue
9. Promote teamwork by mentoring other analysts and providing training on, and updates to, available resources
10. Originate new, and reviews/revises existing, support documentation
1. Associate's degree in a related field, MCSE or other technical certification is preferred but may be substituted by equivalent experience.
2. 5+ years of technical support and Hands-on Desktop experience in a large corporate environment is required.
3. Candidates should have strong interpersonal and documentation skills as well as technical skills.
4. Demonstrated ability managing a team
5. Technical Skills needed include:
: Windows XP
: Microsoft and other desktop productivity applications
: Active Directory Administration
: PC Hardware and peripherals troubleshooting
: Trend analysis and incident reporting
: PC imaging
: Troubleshooting - up to tier 3 support