POSITION DESCRIPTION |
Position Title: Level II RT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other Requirements: Works a fluctuating shift dependant on project needs.
Provide field and/or shop work in the following Non-destructive Testing techniques:
(MT) Magnetic Particle
(PT) Dye Penetrant
(UTT) Ultrasonic (thickness)
ESSENTAIL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Set-up and calibrate equipment,
· Conduct tests with appropriate NDT Technique
· Interpret, evaluate, and document results.
· The individual shall be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method in which certified and shall be capable of directing the work of trainees and Level I personnel.
· The individual shall be familiar with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the employer.
· Level II may write procedures, which must be approved by a Level III.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
· Operate and maintain radiographic equipment as necessary and where applicable.
· Level II may write procedures, which must be approved by a Level III.
· Must have the skills and knowledge to conduct all of the above mentioned functions plus the duties and responsibilities of the field technicians include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
· Must be capable of being deemed trust worthy and reliable per NRC criteria.
· To transport industrial radiographic equipment in accordance with all applicable federal/state transportation regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, Company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
· To utilize industrial radiographic equipment in a manner prescribed by the manufacturer and in accordance with all applicable federal/state regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, Company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
· To maintain constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
· To secure industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
· To prevent all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
· To prevent damage, loss or theft of industrial radiographic equipment and all associated accessories when possible.
· To provide required notification to appropriate safety management personnel in the event of an incident and to provide assistance as necessary.
· To provide direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/ radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment.
· To verify, prior to performing radiographic operations that the radiographic device, associated equipment and personnel used under their supervision during the performance of radiographic operations are in accordance with Company procedures and the regulations of the jurisdiction (NRC/Agreement State) where radiographic operations are being conducted.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Answer the phones and route incoming calls
· Generate custom reports for the customer
· Assist customer with gathering information for audits
· Ability to help troubleshoot issues via the telephone
· High School graduate or equivalent required,
· Graduate of a specialized NDT technical program meeting
SNT-TC1A for one or all of the following (Radiographic, Magnetic Particle, Penetrant, or Ultrasonic testing) required.
· Prior certification as an NDT Level II with 1 year experience or prior certification as an NDT Level I technician with adequate field experience hours to certify to level II per SNT-TC1A standards in all or one of the following (Radiographic, Magnetic Particle, Penetrant, or Ultrasonic testing) required.
· Industrial Radiographer's Certification Card preferred. (Required for all hired as a Radiographer)
· Completion of a 40 Hour Radiation Safety Course preferred. (Required for all hired as a Radiographer)
· To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others ideas and exhibits willingness to do new things
· Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations,
· Written communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning/Organization – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
· Quality – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
· Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
· Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 7 months ago