TITLE: Industrial Radiographer
FLSA : Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Attendance Requirements: Works a fluctuating schedule dependant on project needs.
The Industrial Radiographer is responsible for performing Industrial Radiography in multiple settings at various locations..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- A Radiographer is a technician responsible for the security and control of industrial radiographic equipment during its use and transportation and for ensuring that compliance with the license/registration, regulations and company procedures is maintained.
- The radiographer may also be responsible for project execution and daily tasks associated with providing industrial radiography services.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Transportation of industrial radiographic equipment in accordance with all federal/state transportation regulations and local requirements, the license and its conditions, applicable license procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
- Utilization of industrial radiographic equipment in a manner prescribed by the manufacturer and in accordance with all federal/state regulations and local requirements, the license/registration and its conditions, applicable procedures, company policies, notices, directives, memorandums and instructions.
- Maintaining constant surveillance and immediate control of industrial radiographic equipment at all times while in use.
- Securing industrial radiographic equipment from unauthorized removal at all times, when not tended under constant surveillance and immediate control.
- Preventing all unauthorized personnel from being within the restricted area boundaries while industrial radiographic equipment is in use.
- Preventing damage, loss or theft of industrial radiographic equipment and all associated accessories.
- Providing the required notification to appropriate management personnel in the event of an incident, and to provide assistance as necessary.
- Providing direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment.
- Verifying, prior to performing radiographic operations, that the radiographic device, associated equipment and personnel used under their supervision during the performance of radiographic operations are in accordance with company procedures and the regulations of the jurisdiction (NRC/Agreement State) where radiographic operations are being conducted.
- Completion of proper documentation and reports associated with radiographic operations.
- Safety of co-workers as well as members of the general public.
- Learn and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties assigned by supervisors.
- Must have proof of an approved 40 Hour Radiation Safety course.
- Must possess a valid ASNT IRRSP or State issued Industrial Radiographer’s Card
- May have a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (aka TWIC card). · Must possess, or be able to provide information as necessary to acquire, any previous exposure history as applicable.
- Must have the ability to certify as a Level II RT Technician.
- Must be capable of being certified trustworthy and reliable per NRC criteria.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments which some requires travel.
- Must have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing schedule.
- Must be able to read technical documents and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to follow precise directions and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate with clients, supervisor and co-workers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells. This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard