Instructional Services Librarian (12-month)
• Accredited Master's degree in one of the following areas: Library and Information Science, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or a closely related field.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong commitment to information literacy, public service, and support of the academic and research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct college students in the use of information resources.
• Knowledge of information literacy standards, learning outcomes, and learning assessment tools.
• Formal training in pedagogy, curriculum design, educational design, instructional technology, and/or educational technology.
• Experience in learning and applying new technologies to the academic library environment, including online tutorials.
• Background in the disciplines of business, communication, or education helpful.
INSTITUTIONAL COMMITMENT: Candidates must give evidence of an evangelical Christian commitment, and be in harmony with the College’s Statement of Faith and Mission. Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic/national origin, disability, race, gender or veteran status in its employment policies.
• Serves as library liaison to multiple departments, including those in the College of Arts & Sciences.
• Collaborates closely with faculty to achieve information literacy learning outcomes in course-specific ways.
• Coordinates curriculum-integrated instructional sessions for first-year courses and other targeted courses in undergraduate education.
• Develops instructional materials, exercises, and/or tutorials, primarily online.
• Collaborates on assessment of instructional activities.
• Provides research assistance through reference desk consultations and online user support, including some evenings and weekend shifts.
• Participates in outreach and campus engagement that builds partnerships and establishes relationships with key university units involved with undergraduate education.
• Collaborates on initiatives that support student learning and faculty development.
• Prepares an annual summary, statistical and evaluative, of all activities.
• Participates as an active member of the Asbury University faculty.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is competitive. Benefits include retirement (TIAA/CREF) and insurance plans.
LIBRARY: The Kinlaw Library, completed in 2001, is comprised of three floors with a total area of 72,000 square feet. The library holds over 150,000 physical items in several collections of material, and is staffed by four library faculty members and five paraprofessional staff. More details may be found at http://www.asbury.edu/offices/library .
INQUIRY PROCESS: Email a letter expressing interest in this position, a current curriculum vitae, and a statement describing the current vitality of your personal Christian faith to email@example.com or mail to:
Dr. Jon Kulaga, Provost
1 Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390
Application materials will be requested at a later date at the recommendation of the department.
Asbury University - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard