POSITION OBJECTIVE – Describe general objectives. Include the purpose of the position, expected outcomes and results, and overview of areas of accountability.
Teach diverse students and staff how to be effective users of ideas and information. Manage library and related materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Describe each of the basic functions and responsibilities of the job.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Describe the minimum education and experience required for the job. Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfies the requirements of the job may be considered.
- Coordinate, communicate and collaborate with teachers to develop learning opportunities to teach information skills.
- Manage, train, and coordinate library staff, including volunteers.
- Manage the library collection which includes coordinating the acquisition, placement, circulation, and maintenance of all resources in the library.
- Analyze requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Search standard reference materials, including online sources and the Internet, to answer reference questions.
- Teach students and staff basic computer skills, such as searching computerized databases.
- Plan and teach classes on topics such as information literacy, library instruction, and technology use.
- Review and evaluate materials, using book reviews, catalogs, faculty recommendations, and current holdings, to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
- Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
- Develop library policies and procedures.
- May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION – Include licensure and certification requirements, if applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science preferred.
- Experience and/or skills working with culturally diverse populations desired.
- Current Colorado Department of Education School Librarian License, OR qualify for Alternative License and passing score on the PLACE or Praxis II.
Denver Public Schools - 11 months ago
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is t...