THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN AUGUST, 2013
Participates in a team environment to perform the duties of a faculty librarian: reference services, collection development/departmental liaison and library instruction delivered to a diverse student population. Works collegially with faculty to coordinate, design and deliver customized innovative and effective information literacy/library instruction and Library credit bearing courses. Perform web development duties and/or programming in accord with collaboratively developed departmental priorities. Coordinates and assesses instruction and program effectiveness on an annual basis. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, innovation, student success, integrity, and diversity in the performance of job duties.
Works collaboratively to design and deploy online materials in support of instruction, learning, and information retrieval including web development, maintenance, and/or programming for department website. Provides reference services both in-person and online; develops research guides; designs and teaches workshops and consultation sessions for faculty and students.
Collaborates with faculty to develop customized course materials and teach specialized instruction, both face-to-face and online; provides expertise in the use of appropriate instructional technology tools; coordinates instruction program and assesses learning outcomes. Teaches information literacy and provides library instruction for credit and non-credit courses using traditional and nontraditional methods; uses new technologies to improve learning. Performs collection development and departmental liaison services; and develops curriculum to meet general education and information literacy goals. Participates in departmental decision-making processes and planning; engages in the academic life of the college by participating in District wide, campus committees and library committees; develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in the field and to promote the scholarship of teaching.
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science (or its equivalent) from a graduate professional program accredited by the American Library Association
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
Special Working Conditions
- Experience teaching, preferably bibliographic instruction classes at a college or university
- Experience providing reference services, preferably in an academic environment
- Experience using instructional design and technologies to create customized library/information literacy materials for both in-person and electronic environments
- Experience with information literacy theory and assessment of learning outcomes
- Experience working with persons from diverse backgrounds and demonstrated commitment to the success of underrepresented groups
- Demonstrated expertise and practical application in one or more of the following areas:
- Scripting and/or programming for an online environment
- Expertise in evolving web technologies and standards
- Graphic design for an online environment and expertise with related technologies
- The integration of Web 2.0 technologies, social networking, and remote information sources and APIs into user centered design
- Effective written communication skills
May be required to lift up to 25lbs.; may be required to work evenings or weekends; will require schedule flexibility; may require teaching on-line, hybrid, co-hort and/or fast-track classes; may require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen; will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD/GCC and/or other off-campus locations; must have a valid Arizona Class D Driver's license; must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rml/vehicle.htm#requirements
A Course Completion Form must be completed in order to be considered for this position.
A cover letter of no longer than 2.5 pages should be included that specifically addresses how the candidate meets the Desired Experience for this position. THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN AUGUST, 2013.
Maricopa County Community College District - 24 months ago