Please see special notes:|
Provides day and evening coverage for the library circulation counter. Receives, processes, and monitors reserves, serials and other library materials. Responsible for interlibrary and interdepartmental loans. Maintains departmental records. Responsible for library collection maintenance. Assists students, faculty, staff and the community with basic informational questions and with using library services and equipment. Provides library technical services support. Provides training and work direction to students and/or temporary workers. Works with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
80% - Performs circulation duties such as assisting patrons in the use of library services and equipment; maintains library records; provides training and work direction to students and/or temporary workers
20% - Receives, processes, monitors and updates reserve, periodicals and library materials; collection maintenance
- Experience providing service to multicultural and/or diverse customers
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Library Science coursework and/or experience working at a library circulation counter with an online catalog
- Experience working at a library circulation counter with an online catalog
Special Working Conditions
- Associates degree or higher
- One (1) or more years' of experience providing training and/or work direction to others
- Two (2) or more years' of experience providing customer service to multicultural and/or diverse populations
- Experience working in library technical services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
May be required to lift up to 25lbs.; may be required to work evenings or weekends; may require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen; will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD/GCC locations; must have a valid Arizona Class D Driver's license; must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rml/vehicle.htm#requirements
A cover letter, no more than 3 pages in length, should be included with the resume. The cover letter should address how the candidate meets the Desired Experience.