This person will assist with the library lending, cataloging, book and journal processing, copying articles, and simple computer trouble shooting. He/she must be able to prioritize effectively, communicate well with diverse library users including Spanish speakers and make decisions independently.
- Keep accurate circulation records in Millennium online circulation management system and manually where needed.
- Prepare new books for cataloging and circulation with title page copies property labels, taping & call numbers.
- Maintain online catalog's accuracy by checking shelves for books and submitting catalog changes.
- Check in journals and maintain accurate records of volume, issue and date per copy.
- Copy articles for staff and process interlibrary loan
requests in a timely manner.
- Order supplies and place book orders as requested by Librarian.
- Send articles by email for patient care.
- Keep records in basic Microsoft programs including Excel.
- Troubleshoot printer, copier and computer problems for ACH Library.
- Process or discard donations as needed.
- Shift books and journals on shelves as required.
- Shelve books and journals.
- Register staff and family members for library services in Millennium circulation system.
- Provide directional assistance.
- Locate electronic resources in both the UAMS Library and ACH Library online collections.
- Provide consumer health information from the Family Resource Library and MEDLINE-PLUS online.
- Answer the telephone and provide appropriate information or pass calls to the Librarian as needed.
- Locate print resources in ACH Medical Library collection.
- Be responsible for all daily library functions in the absence of the Librarian.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Note: Applicants who like to read and can demonstrate this will be given priority.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college program or technical school or nursing diploma
12 months medical library experience
Word processing and general internet navigation and search skills.
College level reading apprehension
Spanish language proficiency
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 14 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...