Provides superior customer service to a diverse public, including adults, children and tweens/teens. Works with staff on programming for adults, children, and tweens/teens. Additionally provides service through circulation of materials, registration of customers, computer assistance and other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
• Identifying and locating library materials for library users;
• Assisting and instructing customers, including adults, teens, and children in the use of library resources, facilities, and policies;
• Assisting staff with general circulation duties, creation of monthly e-newsletter, and posting to social media;
• Assists as needed with children’s and adult programming, crafts, and projects.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Excellent reader’s advisory skills and strong affinity for/knowledge of children’s, teen, and adult literature;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Familiarity with catalog, e-newsletters, social media, MS Office, electronic databases, and internet searches;
• Reliable method of transportation;
• Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for long periods of time, and push/lift heavy book carts/bins.
Work Hours : 15 hours per week; hours will vary to meet the needs of the branch during all regular hours of operation.
Salary: $14.36 per hour
How to Apply : Interested applicants should apply online by February 18, 2013