Developing and presenting quality, age appropriate, read aloud programs for preschool children in childcare centers and preschools across Pittsburgh.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing age appropriate programs for preschool children;
• Working collaboratively with peer professionals within the Library system on system-wide initiatives;
• Representing the library to the public and other agencies partnering with CLP;
• Developing and presenting workshops for teachers and parents;
• Adapting programs to classrooms with special needs.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Highly motivated individual with the ability to contribute to an innovative outreach team;
• Demonstrated experience working with preschool children in a classroom and/or group setting;
• Knowledge of PA Academic Learning standards and their application to school age programming;
• Knowledge of computer software and electronic resources;
• Knowledge of PA Early Learning Standards and their application to early childhood programming;
• ACT 33/34 clearances;
• Valid PA driver’s license and access to a reliable car;
• Bachelor degree in Early Childhood or related field.
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with some evenings and weekends
Salary: $14.36 per hour
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - 19 months ago