The CLP-LYNCS (Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh – Library in Your Neighborhood, Community, and School) Library Assistant will aid in the mission of LYNCS and CLP by promoting the library and its services through outreach activities and new models of service delivery. Library Assistant will engage library users and non-users of all ages and abilities and keep accurate record of initiatives and activities undertaken by CLP-LYNCS.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing outstanding customer service to a diverse population at the CLP pop-up library in the Pittsburgh hilltop neighborhood of Allentown.
• Keeping accurate record of outreach initiatives including timelines, evaluative guidelines, statistical and anecdotal feedback, and other relevant information.
• Conceiving, publicizing, implementing, and evaluating outreach programming for all ages and audiences in widely varying settings;
• Representing Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh at various meetings and events;
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Energetic and dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated, with attention to detail;
• Demonstrated commitment to public service; experience in community organizing or related activities a plus;
• Experience working with diverse groups, preferably youth, in an educational or recreational setting;
• Strong knowledge of technology in the context of education and entertainment, especially with regard to instruction and troubleshooting;
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to take direction and work both independently and as part of a team;
• Physical ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand for long periods of time and push/lift heavy book carts/bins;
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
• ACT 33/34 clearances are required.
Work Hours : 25 – 29 hours per week, including days, evenings and weekends as needed.
Salary : $14.36 per hour
How to Apply : Interested applicants should apply online by March 11, 2013
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard