Under direct supervision, assists the Librarian in the daily operation and maintenance of the Library.
Associates degree required with 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Checks in and checks out library materials.
2. Renews and verifies the circulation status of library materials.
3. Processes materials for circulation.
4. Types memoranda, letters, and other documents, and performs related clerical duties.
5. May provide coverage at the circulation desk.
6. Assists with the processing of textbooks for distribution and assists in the distribution of textbooks as needed.
7. Shelves books, magazines and other materials. Keeps materials in order and cleans, dusts materials and shelves.
8. Assists staff and students in the use of the Library.
9. Answers the telephone in a professional manner.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
In addition to those duties listed above, in campuses with fewer than 600 students, the Library Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
1. Schedules students for tutoring sessions.
2. Instructs individuals and small groups on study skill strategies.
3. Evaluates diagnostic assessments of students and specifies appropriate communication strategies to convey "active" instructional material.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Skilled in current Microsoft Office software.
· Service oriented.
· Displays a friendly, helpful attitude.
· Dependable and punctual.
Education Corporation of America - 18 months ago
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet...