Provides support to the circulation desk personnel by performing various clerical tasks to assist in the delivery of public service.
1. Sorts and shelves Library material in proper sequence, in accordance with performance standards, so materials are available for customer and staff use.
2. Prepares Library for opening and closing.
3. Assists in the location and retrieval of specific titles in order to fill customer requests in accordance with performance standards.
4. Assists with the general maintenance and appearance of the collection so materials are in good condition for customer use.
5. Shifts, straightens, displays, and shelf-reads material while shelving to keep material in a neat and correct order.
6. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
Must possess a commitment to a high level of public service
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to bend to very low and very high shelves when reaching for books or other Library materials
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Ability to push a full cart of books or other Library materials
Ability to stand for up to eight hours per shift
Ability to operate a various types of Library equipment
Familiar with pc technology, word processing and e-mail
St. Louis County Library - 17 months ago