This is a non-benefited position that involves maintaining the arrangement of library materials, shelving materials and picking up materials left on tables, ends of shelves, etc. Evenings and weekends may be required. Work is supervised by a section assistant supervisor and the section supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
• Sort materials from check-in carts onto sorting shelves
• Reshelve materials
• Maintain proper and neat arrangements of library materials
• Put a cart of materials in order from sorting shelves
• Shift materials among shelves
• Maintains regular punctual and predictable attendance, works overtime and extra hours as required.
• Refer questions from the public to service desks appropriately
Requires at least two years of high school education or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to read fine print (font sizes of 8 or larger)
• The ability to sort materials alphabetically and numerically quickly and accurately
• The ability to reach shelving within a height range of three to 75 inches, lift up to 50 pounds, and push a loaded book cart (300 lbs.) on carpeting
• The ability to kneel, stand, bend, reach or walk for most of a work shift
• The ability to stand up quickly from a kneeling or sitting position on the floor
• The ability to communicate with tact and courtesy
This is a non-benefited summer-only position that averages 20 to 25 hours per week.