Library Specialist II
1-2 Years of College
Preferred Education ( Click Here to View Equivalencies )
1-2 Years of College
Minimum Related Experience ( Click Here to View Equivalencies )
Purpose of Position
Responsibilities include processing SourceFinder requests from NKU faculty, staff, and students for materials; monitoring incoming journal requests for copyright compliance; answering SourceFinder users' inquiries; processing SourceFinder invoices; assisting in another area of Knowledge Management Services, and other duties as assigned.
1. Processing interlibrary loan borrowing requests from NKU faculty, staff, and students
2. Monitoring incoming journal requests for copyright compliance
3. Responding to queries and concerns of users regarding policies, procedures, and materials
4. Processing of invoices for borrowing, document delivery, and lending
5. Coordinating student tasks
6. Periodic and occasional duties as assigned
7. Participates in library and university committees and activities
1. Customer service skills
2. Proficient oral and written communication skills
3. Ability to think independently and make confident, accurate decisions
4. Ability to establish and to maintain effective working relationships with NKU faculty, staff, and students as well as individuals from other libraries
5. Detail oriented
7. Ability to organize and establish an efficient and effective workflow.
8. Solid working knowledge of computers.
9. Knowledge of library organization and operations.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
It is Northern Kentucky University's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons and to take the necessary actions needed to recruit, employ, train, promote, and retain qualified faculty and staff, including members of protected groups. Discrimination against any individual based upon protected status, which is defined as age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic, or veteran status, is prohibited.
8:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Pay Rate Type
Job Open Date
Job Close Date