Job Title: Library Specialist
Job ID: 31154
Business Unit: ACDVP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
High school or equivalent; 3 years related experience.
To supervise and coordinate the daily operational activities of an assigned unit in the library.
From $30,960 To $46,440 Annually
Specific Job Related Duties
MAJOR DUTIES/CRITICAL TASKS:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Coordinate the activities of personnel assigned to a library unit.
- Supervises and schedules subordinates involved in cataloging, shelving, issuing and receiving books and other library functions.
- Resolves more complicated library system and bibliographic control problems.
- Performs bibliographic searching for acquisition and cataloging.
- Assists and instructs library clients in the using and interpreting library bibliographic systems including the online catalog and specialized end-user searching tools.
- Assists and instructs library clients in the use of computer workstations, audiovisual equipment, photocopiers, scanners and microfilm readers.
- Assists clients in locating and using standard reference sources, indexes and abstracts. Refer complex information requests to librarians.
- Explains and interprets library service policies and procedures to library clients.
- Assists patrons in using facilities, collects and prepares statistics, supervises clerks.
- Maintains records and performs varied library clerical and limited professional tasks as required.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch
- 2 years ago - save job