* Document Delivery Services (DDS) at Cline Library provides vital access to content in response to the needs of NAU users. This position collaborates with members of the DDS team and staff across the Library to provide excellent customer service and to meet established standards of quality and timeliness.
* Only complete applications including NAU application and resume will be considered.
* Provides high quality customer service to all users in person, via email and telephone for Document Delivery Services (DDS).
* Communicates effectively with campus and statewide students, faculty, and staff submitting requests through the online ordering system.
* Provides clear and concise information to students, faculty, and staff regarding services, and other operations issues related to DDS.
* Uses the online request management system, ILLiad, to process requests for loans and articles.
* Locates full-text articles in the Library's subscribed databases or elsewhere and links directly to the article when permitted.
* Identifies best methods and fulfills Interlibrary Loan requests quickly including using document suppliers, RAPID lending group and/or OCLC ILL operations.
* Maintains a high level of OCLC proficiency and knowledge of searching strategies to select the proper bibliographic record for each request.
* Works with DDS staff and students to effectively manage the retrieval and delivery of materials from the Cline Library collections for distance learners and other libraries.
* Collaborates and prioritizes effectively with DDS, Academic Programs librarians, and other Library and University staff in completing projects and sharing a variable and time sensitive workload.
* Demonstrates interest and effort in using technology to improve processes and services.
* Actively participates in achieving organization priorities through cross-training in other Library departments and units.
* Works at a service desk to provide service to all users at the Research/Help service point.
* Anticipates working a flexible schedule which may include working an evening or weekend shift at the service desk.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree AND one year related library experience; OR,
* Five years related library experience; OR,
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Experience with library tools and services such as ILLIAD, OCLC, scanning equipment/software and an integrated library system (Innovative Interfaces).
* Research experience and ability to quickly find articles, chapters, journals and books from a variety of sources, including library databases, the internet, or other sources.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Experience in and demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural learning and working environment.
* Highly productive when working independently and in teams.
* Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
* Interest in using technology to improve or develop innovative services in the library's DDS unit.
* High level of competency with computers including experience with Microsoft Office suite, data entry and file management.
* Excellent time management and organization skills.
* Ability to contribute and be successful in a busy production environment.
* Exhibits creativity and sound judgment in using resources and solving problems.
* Experience in and demonstrated commitment to master a variety of complex tasks and workflows.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$30,444 - $33,444 DOE.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll
Open until further notice.
Northern Arizona University - 20 months ago