Provides basic Library skills necessary in the operation of a public library. Work is performed under immediate supervision with exercise of judgment in accordance with established policies, procedures and techniques.
Examples of Duties:
Experience and Training:
- Performs circulation desk procedures, such as checking materials in and out, placing holds, collecting fines etc.
- Creates and updates patron records
- Disseminates accurate information in a clear and courteous manner to inform patrons of Library policies and procedures.
- Shelves, shelf reads, and shifts materials according to established procedures.
- Provides basic assistance in use of Library's online catalog, computers and other library equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Spanish highly desirable.
High school diploma or equivalent. WORK HOURS: varies; may include nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication.
Take accurate and complete messages.
Make change and balance accounts accurately.
Operate standard office equipment and use personal computer.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other city employees and general public.
Learn and follow policies and procedures.
Take instructions and work out details on routine assignments.
Communicate with English-speaking population.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Possession of a valid Texas driver's license with a driving record that meets current City auto liability insurance requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
City of Round Rock, TX - 17 months ago