CIRCULATION RELATED DUTIES:
- Assist students and faculty in location of print and non-print resources.
- Check books and materials in and out to students and faculty using the computerized circulation system.
- Maintain records of overdues, lost books, and fines.
- Monitor student use of the library.
- Shelve print and non-print materials.
- Direct student assistants in assigned duties.
- Assist inventory procedures.
MULTI-MEDIA RELATED DUTIES :
- Assist in ordering and processing of new materials and equipment, making items available for faculty and students.
- Process and maintain periodical files.
- Perform typing/keyboarding duties as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance of the library.
- Mend damaged materials
- Assist in the training of faculty and students in the use of the online catalog and databases.
- Assist faculty and students in the operation of equipment.
- Maintain equipment records and assist with inventory.
- Write work orders for equipment that requires more than minor repair.
- Maintain adequate supplies for equipment and library.
- Assist in the preparation of bulletin boards and displays.
- Perform other related duties as required.
This full time position is primarily for, but not limited to, the 12:00pm to 9:00pm shift. Some night and weekend hours are also required. Schedule flexibility is a must in the event of covering other shifts due to staff illness or vacations.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field as well as one year of academic or public library experience.
The successful candidate will have familiarity with Library of Congress call numbers; excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel; excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and possess ability to follow and give clear instructions. Additionally, they should have the ability to operate audio-visual equipment, computers, and various office machines; ability to communicate and work with adults and students effectively; strong organizational skills, including ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks to meet established timelines. They should be able to work well independently and as a team member and must be able to quickly adapt to changing priorities. Must be detail oriented and able to work with high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
Position holder must be able to perform all duties listed, which include:
Full Sail University offers a unique, hands-on, real world education to over 16,000 students from all over the world. We are located in Winter Park, Florida, just outside Orlando – one of the world’s foremost tourist destinations. In addition to great weather, plentiful beaches, and some of the most famous theme parks on the planet, Orlando features a thriving entertainment community.
- Shelving books,
- Pushing full book carts,
- Communicating with library and campus staff, faculty and students,
- Answering telephones,
- Reading filing instructions and call numbers,
- Sitting or standing for various periods of time,
- Bending and lifting in accessing materials throughout the Library,
- Utilizing computer display, keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time with repetitive motions.
Job Code: ASLTA111612GS
Full Sail University - 2 years ago
Over the past 30 years, Full Sail University has built a reputation as one of the premier art, music, and film schools in the world....