Western New York Dental Group has been committed to providing quality dental care and excellent service to our patients in the Buffalo and Rochester, NY area since 1972. With convenient private neighborhood dental offices, your own personal dentist, a team of caring professionals, and our "always here for you" attitude, Western New York Dental Group offers the utmost convenience and patient satisfaction. Our dentists provide a wide variety of services to our patients including all phases of general, family and state of the art cosmetic dentistry. When the need arises for the services of a dental specialist, we are able to provide treatments with the help of our in-house team of specialists in pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics and periodontics.
We currently have a job opportunity for a Dental Assistant in our Depew Practice.
As a Dental Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the dentists and their support team with patient care and treatment during their scheduled appointments. In this position you will:
- Set up examination tray with required dental instruments for scheduled procedures.
- Assist dentist with related chair side treatment procedures and duties.
- Complete proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures following protocols.
- Prepare patient records and take, develop and mount radiographs in preparation of scheduled appointments and doctor review.
- Stock supplies and maintain dental equipment to meet practice and manufacturer guidelines.
- Manage daily patient flow.
- Order supplies and track inventory to maintain appropriate supply inventory and utilize cost effective techniques.
Candidates with familiarity with dental terminology, dental instruments, proper tray set up, dental records, documentation and office procedures should consider this opportunity. Current New York Dental Assistant license and x-ray certification required and a minimum of one year experience preferred. Team players with the ability to multitask who have strong communication, computer and customer service skills desired.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment.
To learn more about American Dental Partners and Western New York Dental Group please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.wnydental.com.
Depew, New York, United States
Metro Dentalcare - 17 months ago