We are seeking a hospitality-minded, professional Licensed Nursing Home Administrator to join our extraordinary leadership team at Stoneridge Creek, a for-profit CCRC in Pleasanton, CA which is scheduled to open in October 2013. The first development phase will include over 400 independent living units (with planned expansion), 69 assisted living units, and a 73-bed skilled nursing center. Stoneridge Creek's campus is situated on 46 acres of property in the Bay Area.
The Administrator is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in the overall administration of the community. He/she supervises operation of the service departments as directed by the Executive Director, with primary emphasis on the health center. He/she also handles special projects for the Owner and the Executive Director. In the Executive Director's absence, the Administrator may assume responsibility for all community operations.
The successful candidate will possess licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator and will have a minimum of 2-3 years of management experience in a health care, hotel/restaurant or continuing care retirement community.
- Excellent hospitality skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety of publics, including residents, Boards of Directors, community groups, government agencies, etc.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups.
- A broad understanding of federal and state laws related to the operation of the facility.
- A knowledge of and special sensitivity to the needs of the aging.
- A background in financial management, including budget preparation, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports. Ability to effectively supervise staff members and to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently with self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Ability to gain the knowledge and develop management skills required to become an Executive Director of his/her own community.
- The technical knowledge required is best obtained through a BS or MS degree in business, health care, hotel/restaurant management, or a closely related area.
LCS - 10 months ago