We are seeking a hospitality-minded, professional Licensed Nursing Home Administrator to join our extraordinary leadership team at The Residences at Thomas Circle, located in the heart of downtown Washington, DC. The community includes 131 independent living residences, 55 assisted living units, and a 27-bed skilled nursing center.
The Administrator is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in the overall administration of the community. He/she supervises operation of the service departments as directed by the Executive Director, with primary emphasis on the health center, assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. He/she also handles special projects for the Owner and the Executive Director. In the Executive Director's absence, the Administrator may assume responsibility for all community operations.
- The technical knowledge required is best obtained through a BS or MS degree in business, health care, hotel/restaurant management, or a closely related area.
- Excellent hospitality skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a variety of individuals, including residents, family members, associates, vendors, owners, etc.
- A broad understanding of federal and state laws related to the operation of the facility.
- A knowledge of and special sensitivity to the needs of the aging.
- A background in financial management, including budget preparation, cash flow management, and analysis of financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, manage and direct staff members and to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and effectively communicate verbally with individuals and both large and small groups.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects with self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Desire to gain the knowledge and develop management skills required to become an Executive Director of his/her own community.
The successful candidate will possess licensure or be eligible for licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator in the District of Columbia or Maryland, and will have a minimum of 2 years of prior experience as an Administrator within a skilled nursing facility or CCRC (continuing care retirement community).