Bachelor of Science
Provides professional social work care within assigned unit. Coordinates care with other disciplines. Services pediatric, adult, and geriatric populations.
1. BSW or MSW or an accredited school of professional social work.
2. Current CPR - HSAED
1. The Social Worker is an integral part of the Rehabilitation Team and strives to improve continuity of care and patient satisfaction by communicating as a team member allowing work to proceed in an orderly fashion. Admit and Discharge conferences are scheduled within defined timelines.
2. Responsible for the pre-certification process with Private Insurance and Medicaid. Serves as a rehabilitation consultant giving needed information on rehab potential, therapy progress and discharge planning to provide a cost-effective plan to external payers. Meets insurance timelines for reporting updates and maintains documentation of all communication with external payers.
3. The employee demonstrates an ability to respond to and provide direction to a changing workload in a positive and professional manner. Responds to changing workload and patient condition by remaining calm, making objective assessments, prioritizing, delegating tasks and asking for assistance when appropriate.
4. To enhance Social Services – Case Management the employee participates in projects within the department, the facility and the community.
5. The employee reviews all patients on his/her caseload for social work and discharge planning needs. Continues on-going assessment and interventions as needed to ensure an appropriate and timely discharge.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 17 months ago