To perform daily operational functions to effectively provides social work evaluation and treatment services to patients and families with complex psychosocial needs. Coordinates services with interdisciplinary team and community agencies to ensure appropriate patient care across the healthcare continuum.
1. Coordinates internal referrals with other members of the Family Support Program (psychologist, nurse case managers, dietician, etc).
2. Interviews patient and family members; prepares psychosocial assessments, addressing all pertinent issues of participants.
3. Evaluates data and develops an individualized care plan of to provide maximum benefit for all concerned. Oversees the implementation of the plan(s) and performs reassessments, as needed.
4. Educates and assists patient/family in understanding and adjusting to the diagnosis/disability, treatment plan and medical recommendations.
5. Refers patient to appropriate hospital services (specialty clinics, child life, etc) and community agencies (schools, Regional centers, MediCal/CCS, etc) as appropriate; assisting patient/family in utilizing such services.
6. Provide age appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling and individual/family treatment as well as assistance in family life crisis situations.
7. Educates and updates interdisciplinary team, including residents in the continuity clinic, on psychosocial issues.
8. Prepares and maintains all pertinent records, statistics and progress notes; charting in ATS, with charting as appropriate in the CHLA medical records system.
9. Assist in the development of various program curriculum (Injury Prevention, Reach Out,etc.)
10. Perform all other related duties as appropriate and/or assigned.
1. Professional Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker by the California Behavioral Science Board.
2. Minimum 2 -4 years experience preferred.
3. Pediatrics experience preferred.
4. Must maintain current CPR/First Aid Training. (If not current, must obtain current CPR/First Aid Training within first six months of association with AltaMed Health Services Corporation.)
5. Bilingual, English/Spanish required.
We promote a comprehensive continuum of care, assisting individuals and their families from birth through the senior years, regardless of...