The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the assessment and intervention of the psychosocial needs of the patients, families, and/or significant others in the inpatient or outpatient setting. This position also includes advocacy, community education, counseling/therapy, program development and evaluation and any other assigned responsibilities related to medical social work. The position requires a significant degree of independence and ability to make professional decisions in a highly communicative manner.
- Engages in timely, efficient discharge planning.
- Works in close conjunction with patient, family, interdisciplinary team and physicians.
- Screens new admissions that meet high-risk criteria.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessments on all patients in which they are consulted.
- Follows along with the interdisciplinary team to develop a patient focused, safe, feasible plan
- Has sound understanding of human condition including intrapsychic and interpersonal relationships and dynamics of adaptive as well as dysfunctional behaviors.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct individual, family, group, and educational group sessions displaying good theoretical knowledge of subject matter and presenting material.
- Builds and maintains working knowledge of in-house, community, county and state resources as reflected by referrals made and documented.
- Master’s Degree in social work required.
- Two year post Master’s experience working in mental health field preferred.
- Currently Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker in the state.
- BLS preferred.
a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
KS-Great Bend-Central Kansas Medical Ctr
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...