At DC Central Kitchen we are working to be the culinary job training program of choice; this is reflected in such core values as collaboration, self-determination, respect for diversity, and a strong belief in our mission of “combating hunger and creating opportunity.”
DC Central Kitchen seeks a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join our dynamic team and support our important mission. The goal of the Culinary Job Training program is to prepare unemployed, underemployed, previously incarcerated persons, those struggling to overcome addiction, living in transitional settings and homeless adults for careers in the foodservice industry. DCCK is committed to securing and maintaining program graduates with meaningful employment opportunities. We are committed to preparing students and graduates for success, empowerment, opportunities and life changing experiences.
The culinary job training program at DCCK is an educational discipline that specializes in the preparation of healthy nourishing food. The ideal Candidate will perform professional work involving the administration of a wide range of psychological evaluation/assessment, diagnostic, individual counseling, crisis intervention, and/or case management services. This position also oversees and requires a broad knowledge of therapeutic processes and methodologies.Conduct life skills training demonstrate principles, techniques, procedures, or methods of designated subjects. Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards, use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- You will be enlisted to provide a full range of culturally sensitive short term behavioral health treatment and case management services to culinary job training students and program graduates as part of a multi-disciplinary program team.
- Your core responsibilities will include screening, initiating and conducting assessments, crisis intervention/stabilization, short term therapy, individualized treatment planning, goal setting, collateral services, progress monitoring, and care coordination.
- You will participate in program development to improve program quality and to expand BH services by providing input and recommendations. Provide solution focused consultation to assist students and graduates with issue resolution.
- You will be responsible for creating and implementing behavior modification plans to teach new methods of dealing with challenging behaviors, i.e., anger management, self-control, and conflict-resolution skills. Provide life-skills training identify alternatives for handling behaviors and monitoring progress in achieving goals. Assists students and program graduates in accessing resources and services that build upon strengths and meet needs in order to enable an individual to function at the highest attainable level in the world of work.
- Understand the needs, expectations, and circumstances of clients; use informed judgment in determining the appropriate course of action; exchange information effectively through oral communication; manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines; maintain current knowledge of relevant laws and regulations; enable the growth of others through sharing of expertise; and model communications and interactions that respect and include all individuals and their circumstances, abilities and cultures.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements as well as DC Central Kitchen's policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of and the ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Possess sensitivity to cultural needs.
- Self-starter comfortable working independently and collaboratively with a team; ability to make critical decisions while adhering to comapny goals.
- Able to make industry connections promoting service learning, cooperative education, and work base learning opportunities for the students.
- Additional work hours outside the normal work day may be required periodically for purposes of providing additional learning experiences for the students and graduates.
- Perform day to day administrative tasks and activities such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Ability to lead and train others.
- Connect students and graduates with additional external resources and services (i.e. mental health, physical health, career planning, family counseling, etc.) and follow up with stakeholders about progress of these referrals.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other related field related to behavioral health is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience in case management and working with community resources.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years demonstrated experience assessing and intervening with clinical and social issues.
- Documented experience working in programs that empower and create opportunities, dedicated to the work of preparing unemployed, underemployed, previously incarcerated persons, those struggling to overcome addiction, living in transitional settings and homeless adults acquire and maintain employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of counseling as applied to challenges, developmental needs, and diverse learning styles.
- Computer proficiency which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay flexible and keep a sense of humor while working well in a fast-paced environment;
- Desire to be part of a large nonprofit whose mission is to "combat hunger and create opportunity".
- Current driver’s license and excellent driving record desired.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification is desirable.
******* Please upload cover letter and resume on one document as they system only allows one upload per submission*******
As a condition of employment, DC Central Kitchen reserves the right to conduct a background check, including criminal records. The existence of a criminal record may or may not disqualify an applicant for employment depending on other facts and circumstances, including but not limited to, the nature of the offense, whether a conviction or forfeiture of collateral was involved, and the tasks and obligations associated with the position subject to the employment application.
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 13 months ago