Education and Experience:
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree
- Completion of an APA approved internship/residency in clinical psychology.
- Current/Maintained, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work
- Minimum two (2) year’s within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting.
- Experience working in a Government setting (DOD or VA) MTF is preferable.
- Working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding delivery of clinical social work services.
- Experience in brief behavioral interventions.
- Government Contract – Background Investigation Required
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: individual, family and group psychotherapy, couples therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
2. Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts as required.
3. Maintain accurate and current notes in the paper medical records (if created) and electronic medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatments as required.
4. Participate in military specific raining/activities and others as directed by the unit Commander or his/her designee.
5. May include clinical supervision of unlicensed providers or trainees.
Additional Activities (may include but not limited to):
- Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training.
- Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence.
- Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity.
- Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen.
- Maintain patients information in a patient registry.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician.
- Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant.
- Performs case management functions.