Licensed Clinical Specialist
Provides, coaching, mentoring, mental health, and substance abuse services to youth and families in the program, including assessments, treatment planning, therapy, crisis intervention, and family counseling. Therapeutic sessions will promote growth, positive development, developmental milestones, and supports safety, permanency and well being. As necessary, position may also provide clinical oversight of the provision of mental health and substance abuse services by non-licensed clinical staff members.
• Provide mental health and substance abuse services to youth and families in the program.
• Provide or oversee the mental health and substance abuse screening and assessment of youth throughout treatment in accordance with Eckerd policy and state and/or local contract requirements.
• Ensure that appropriate referrals are made based upon the initial screening and assessment; Ensure that all recommendations and obligations for youth and families from court orders, and case and care plans are met.
• Coordinate and implement therapeutic supervised visitations between youth and custodial and non-custodial parents/guardians, as required by contract.
• Provide or oversee treatment planning, development, writing, modification, and review for assigned youth; sign off on all treatment plans.
• Submit comprehensive summaries and recommendations in advance of staffings and court hearings as required by contract or licensing standards.
• Coordinate all treatment regarding psychiatric issues; ensure referrals, observations, appointments, and documentation are completed within the Eckerd policies and contract guidelines.
• Provide mental health and substance abuse crisis intervention, which may include involuntary commitments.
• Provide individual, group, and family therapy to active, assigned caseload of youth and families.
• Participate in all collateral agency activities, to include, but not limited to, court hearings, case planning meetings, and commitment staffings.
• Ensure that clinical record contain accurate and complete documentation.
• Provide in-service and on-the-job training as needed and assigned.
• Participate in monthly evaluation of program outcome measures and performance improvement activities.
• Alert supervisor and contracting agency of any safety concerns and barriers to service delivery and case closure that may surface during treatment.
• As assigned, provide clinical supervision to license-eligible and unlicensed mental health professionals to ensure high quality services are delivered.
Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Psychologist required. Coursework or practicum experience in group work, family therapy, and/or substance abuse treatment is preferred. Two years progressive clinical experience in a multi-disciplinary treatment setting required. Prior experience with juvenile treatment population preferred. Well versed in cognitive behavioral therapy.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...