Metro Dentalcare is a large group practice with more than 40 locations throughout the Minneapolis and St. Paul metropolitan area. Metro Dentalcare was founded in 1968 on the cornerstone of building strong patient relationships. Our caring dentists and dental professionals share a vision of providing superior patient care focused on the individual needs of each patient. This vision helps make dental care as convenient as possible for the patient while the support of a group practice allows our dental professionals to have opportunities for growth while maintaining a work/life balance. Metro Dentalcare’s general dentistry offices are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and all offices feature electronic dental records and digital x-rays. We offer a complete range of preventative, cosmetic and specialized dental services. Our dental specialists provide pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, periodontics, oral surgery and endodontics.
We currently have a job opportunity for a Dental Assistant in our Wayzata Practice.
As a Dental Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the dentists and their support team with patient care and treatment during their scheduled appointments. In this position you will:
Candidates with familiarity with dental terminology, dental instruments, proper tray set up, dental records, documentation and office procedures should consider this opportunity. Current Minnesota Dental Assistant license and x-ray certification required and a minimum of one year experience preferred. Team players with the ability to multitask who have strong communication, computer and customer service skills desired.
- Set up examination tray with required dental instruments for scheduled procedures.
- Assist dentist with related chair side treatment procedures and duties.
- Complete proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures following protocols.
- Prepare patient records and take, develop and mount radiographs in preparation of scheduled appointments and doctor review.
- Stock supplies and maintain dental equipment to meet practice and manufacturer guidelines.
- Manage daily patient flow.
- Order supplies and track inventory to maintain appropriate supply inventory and utilize cost effective techniques.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
To learn more about American Dental Partners and Metro Dentalcare please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.metro-dentalcare.com .
Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
Metro Dentalcare - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard