AAA East Central currently has a full-time Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative position available in the AAA East Liberty, PA. office.
Provides quality customer service to insurance customers of AAA East Central (AAAEC). Actively works to develop new business and retain existing clients by providing excellent customer service while focusing on total account development.
1. Provides on-going, high quality service to insurance customers and potential customers by utilizing exceptional customer service skills and appropriate consultative sales techniques, in person, on the telephone, and in writing to all customers.
2. Develops each active account to maximize its potential by reviewing and analyzing each client’s total insurance needs including property & casualty, life, health, and related financial services; analyzing exposures; communicating insurance requirements; providing recommendations; writing policies; obtaining x-dates.
3. Meets AAAEC performance standards for quality, service, sales, retention of new and existing insurance clients and other goals as assigned.
4. Prepares insurance proposals and performs other duties necessary to process insurance sales and renewals, including applications, receipts, corrections, endorsements, cancellations, etc.
5. Maintains professional and technical proficiency through successful completion of advanced insurance coursework designed to earn professional insurance designations and to meet annual continuing education requirements.
6. Maintains thorough knowledge of insurance company(s) policies, procedures, products and services and adheres to same. Consistently applies skills gained in various training programs.
7. Maintains valid insurance licenses and acceptable credit history as defined by AAAEC and the Department of Insurance in the employee’s state of residence.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This individual is responsible for the service, retention and growth of a book of P&C business with approximately $ 2M of written premium, generating up to $ 300k of annual revenue.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS
1. High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
2. Minimum two years of personal lines insurance customer service experience.
3. Property and Casualty Insurance License for state of residence.
4. Must exhibit genuine concern for client’s security and protection needs.
5. Excellent sales and customer service skills, verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
6. Proven problem solving and listening skills.
7. Ability to coordinate and direct a variety of assignments simultaneously; maintains a professional, high quality customer service attitude while working with other AAAEC employees and others.
8. Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner and be flexible in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
9. Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
10. Willing and able to work in a completely automated environment; strong personal computer skills, including proficiency in Word.
11. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet client and department needs.
12. Ability to successfully complete various training programs, e.g., advanced Insurance coursework and designated training/educational programs, etc.