Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – |
Vida Guidance Center – Bronx, NY
Comunilife is one of New York City’s premier providers of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members enjoy the benefits of working with a supportive team of supervisors and peers; of receiving in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development; and of being part of an organization that truly recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for our Vida Guidance Center (VGC), outpatient mental health clinic. VGC, located in the Bronx provides bilingual/bicultural outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents, adults and families living with mental illness.
The Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist will apply family systems theory, techniques and principles to help families to deal with personal crises and to treat emotional and mental disorders.
The Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist will help lead the efforts to promote wellness within the household with a particular focus on the benefits of positive therapeutic involvement of the families to be served. The primary focus will be on broader relationship contexts when counseling family members using evidence based practices, as well as establishing therapeutic end goals.
- Working collaboratively as part of an integrated behavioral health team to address the needs of the “whole person”, including their physical and emotional health.
- Applying knowledge of family dynamics and relationships to enhance the engagement of families, and to offer other support services.
- Responsible for family assessment by gathering information about families and observation.
- Providing clinical services such as intake/diagnostic evaluation, mental status exams, and use of the DSM-IV
- Counseling couples and families struggling with unsatisfactory relationships, financial issues, divorce and separation, home management, depression, substance abuse, marital, child/parental issues, low self-esteem and psychosocial stressors.
- Maintaining clinical records and case files (activities, evaluations, progress notes, recommendations, etc.) in accordance with Comunilife policies and procedures.
- Participating in regularly scheduled clinical supervision.
- Developing and executing personalized treatment plans to address family relationship problems.
- Providing family therapy support groups.
- Determining whether clients need counseling or referring clients to specialists in psychiatry, medicine or other service providers.
- Following up on the results of family therapy interventions and client progress to determine efficacy of our programs and services.
Must be available for after-hours telephone contact for clients in crisis
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist required
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Knowledge or experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or willingness to be trained in the use of and to apply CBT techniques.
- Two or more years of experience in the practice of marriage and family therapy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, consumers, and other stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.
Comunilife - 13 months ago