This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the scope of practice of an LPN using the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of an RN or physician. Travel to satellite clinics is required (no overnight).
- Actively participates directly with patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patient needs in a timely manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Welcomes patients and ensures the admission paperwork is available; actively participates in the admission process.
- Performs/Assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher.
- Performs/Assists with range of motion exercises and ambulating.
- Reports abnormal conditions to the RN or physician in a timely manner.
- Identifies the organization of the human body, inc it’s systems, structure and functions.
- Demonstrates general principles of cleanliness (asepsis).
- Applies the principle of basic nutrition to patient care.
- Provides basic emergency care.
- Coordinates the booking and scheduling of patients for procedures.
- E xplains procedures and answers questions regarding patient care and scheduled procedures.
- Serves as liaison with physician/facility, patient and families regarding patient care.
- Identifies, reports and records changes that result from disease or trauma to patient’s respiratory, cardiovascular, neurologic, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, reproductive, musculoskeletal, metabolic, psychological, integumentary, sensory, immune, hematologic and nutritional systems.
- Observes, reports and records the patient’s condition.
- Establishes patient setup/connection tasks including NIBP, SaO2 and ECG.
- Performs 12 lead EKG.
- Monitors and performs vital signs using a variety of equipment and reports abnormalities to RN or physician.
- Obtains weights and basic patient information on patients.
- Able to apply simple dressings and assist RN/MD with more complex dressings.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring.
- Administers medications in a safe manner.
- Provides peripheral intravenous site care and is able to discontinue peripheral intravenous therapy.
- Collaborates with the RN/MD in developing, implementing and evaluating the outcomes of the teaching plan.
- Accumulates and enters all necessary patient information in the electronic medical record system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Performs clerical duties as needed.
- Travels to outreach satellite clinics, as necessary.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Practical Nurse program required.
- Licensure/ Certification: Current state licensure as a Practical Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. Current BLS within 30 days of placement in position.
- Experience: None required. Minimum of 6 months' continuous LPN experience preferred.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 10 months ago
License Practical Nurse
Southwest Correctional Medical Group (SWCMG)
Little Rock, AR
- 30 days ago
Arkansas Department of Human Services
Little Rock, AR
State of Arkansas
- 11 days ago
LPN Referral Management
MindLeaf Technologies Inc
Little Rock AFB, AR
- 12 days ago