CapitalCare Medical Group is a physician-owned medical practice with more than 150 healthcare professionals. The group offers primary care services in Family Practice, Pediatrics and Internal Medicine at 27 sites throughout the Capital District. CapitalCare also provides services in Endocrinology, Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Nephrology, medical nutrition therapy, and comprehensive diabetes education and operates a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory. CapitalCare welcomes new patients and participates with most major health insurance carriers.
We have a great opportunity for a part-timeLPNto join our Peds team in Clifton Park!
The hours for this position are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 1:30pm-5:30pm
Saturday: 8:45am-12:15pm (once/month, at most).
Responsibilities within this position would include:
Qualifications: Valid LPN license required. Phlebotomy experience is required. Previous medical office experience preferred. Computer familiarity required.
- Documenting verbal conversations with patients when appropriate.
- Documenting information into patient record in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
- Obtaining patient signature on Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) according to Medicare requirements.
- Maintaining timely patient flow.
- Preparing patient for visit as appropriate, based on office / provider requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining specimens from patients as directed by the provider.
- Administering and recording vaccines.
- Responsible for performing clinical office procedures as required by the provider (i.e. nebulizer, etc.).
- Daily monitoring and recording of refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
- Cleaning/sterilizing instruments.
- Ordering medical supplies.
- Receiving medical deliveries.
- Verification of medical supplies received.
- Cancelling and rescheduling patients when necessary.
- Scheduling appointments for patients, following office policy and procedures for triage and for appointment templates.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Ideal candidate will have the following skills:
CapitalCare Medical Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, life insurance, holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, and much more in a business casual environment!
- Knowledge of basic nursing principles and protocols.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety, and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting/records.
- Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to establish/maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, members, physicians/providers, managers, co-workers, and external customers.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- 2 years ago - save job