Licensed Practical Nurse
Basic Duties :
The LPN/LVN effectively works with patients, patient families, departmental staff, dental staff, medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, to provide nursing care to inmate patients within a correctional facility..
Working Conditions : Work is performed inside a correctional facility. This position works within the confines of CJC, a medium security level county jail facility.
CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report.
CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees, including premium holiday pay, overtime pay, and paid time off.
Essential Functions of this position include, but are not limited to :
Employment Requirements :
- Observing, assessing, recording and reporting symptoms, reactions and changes in the condition of all patients.
- Administers medications and injections, as well as taking vital signs and responding to medical emergencies within the facility.
- Assists with Nurse Sick Call.
- Documents all medical related events and/or concerns.
- Communicates with other Medical Unit and Security Staff members.
- Current and unrestricted license in the State of Colorado as an Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Previous experience with medication pass is preferred.
- Previous experience in correctional healthcare preferred.
- Previous experience with electronic medical records (EMR) is preferred.
- Ability to appropriately and safely use standard medical equipment including: AED, EKG, blood pressure devices, oxygen, sterilization, glucometer, Dopler and pulse oximeter equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
We currently have one part time opening for 12 hours per week, night shift (6pm - 6:30am).