Licensed Practical Nurse
Basic Duties :
The LPN/ LVN effectively works with patients, patient families, departmental staff, dental staff, medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff, to provide nursing care to inmate patients within a correctional facility.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Current, unrestricted license as a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse in state of practice.
- Must be CPR certified.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Obtain/maintain security clearance at facility as required for initial/continued employment.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies to meet 4 minute or less response time requirement
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.