The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Graduated from accredited School of Practical Nurses.
2. Successful completion of pharmacology exam.
3. BCLS Certification required, annually.
4. Completion of competency checklist (within 90 days)
5. Completion of unit specific recommendations (within one year).
a. Experience in rehabilitation or related field and evidence of continuing professional development preferred.
b. ACLS audit encouraged.
1. Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Georgia.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Works effectively with patients and patient families and maintains a collegial working relationship with medical staff and members of the health team.
The license practical nurse, under the direction of the charge nurse, utilizes the nursing process to provide the best care for Floyd Medical Center patients. Provides and maintains a clean, orderly safe, and quiet environment in support of patient comfort and contentment. Supports the purpose and objectives of nursing practice of the Department of Nursing Services. Works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital staff who support the care of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.