The qualified canidate will possess the following:
1. Graduated from accredited School of Practical Nurses
2. Successful completion of Pharmacology exam.
3. Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support certification, recertified annually.
4. Completion of competency checklist within first 90 days of employment.
5. Completion of unit specific recommendations within one year.
1. Previous experience in a hospital or medical office preferred; evidence of continuing professional development preferred.
1. Current licensure as a Licenses Practical Nurse In the state of Georgia.
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Works effectively with patients and patient families and maintains a collegial working relationship with medical staff and members of the health team.
The LPN utilizes the nursing process to provide the best care for Floyd Medical Center patients. Provides and maintains a clean, orderly safe, and quiet environment in support of patient comfort and contentment. Supports the purpose and objective of nursing practice of the Department of Nursing Services. The LPN is responsible for providing safe patient care with an understanding and awareness of age appropriate, and awareness of culturally and ethnically diverse needs. The LPN works collaboratively with the medical staff and other hospital personnel to support the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
Floyd Medical Center - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard