The Licensed Practical Nurse assists with temporary staffing needs, performs routine nursing services and CNA services under the direction of the RN Case Manager. It is his/her responsibility to report observations and to complete all required documentation in a timely manner. The Licensed Practical Nurse does not function as a RN Case Manager.
1. Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
2. Provides assistance with emergency and temporary staffing needs.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
3. Provides routine nursing services under RN supervision.
- Provides vacation and/or sick relief for case managers.
- Flexes schedule to assist case managers in emergency situations and periods of high census.
- Performs continuous care shifts, when requested.
- Accepts call responsibility, when requested.
4. Maintains appropriate documentation and communication.
- Visits patients/families, as assigned.
- Performs assessment and identifies patient/family needs.
- Reports findings to Director of Clinical Services.
- Contacts physician, as directed by Director of Clinical Services.
- Administers medications, treatments, etc. as directed.
- Attends IDT meeting, if requested by Director of Clinical Services.
5. Educates patient/family regarding:
- Informs Director of Clinical Services or Call Team of patient's needs and condition changes.
- Contacts physician, as directed.
- Completes IDT Narratives, assessments, time logs, and all required documentation.
- Submits all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Makes all appropriate entries in the patient Plan of Care.
6. Other duties as assigned.
- care of patient.
- disease process.
- symptom control.
- wound care.
- the dying process.
- Currently licensed to practice in the state of employment.
- Licensed Practical Nurse with experience in skilled nursing, preferably in hospice, home health care, oncology, or emergency care.
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all patient records.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Has a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- Ability to meet physical job requirements as specified by attachment.
Hospice Compassus - 20 months ago
Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast resource...