Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Provides general patient care and basic patient education. Performs duties which indirectly support patient care such as scheduling, record keeping, and maintaining supplies inventories.
- Assists health care providers, registered nurses and allied health professionals with examinations, treatments, special tests and routine procedures.
- Obtains patient health history, laboratory specimens, vital signs and administers TB skin tests.
- Reviews patient chart; records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in patient's conditions.
- Schedules and coordinates paperwork for patient transfers to medical facilities or outside health care providers; administers medications; implement health care practitioners orders and documents all patient contacts using the POMR format.
- Practices safety, environmental and infection control methods.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services - 10 months ago