POSITION TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
POSITION STATUS: 35 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. One year experience in the provision of service to the developmentally disabled preferred. Must be licensed by the State of New York as a Practical Nurse. Valid NYS driver's license acceptable to agency insurance standards.
Assist in the daily functions of the Day Habilitation Services Nursing Departments. Directly responsible to the Supervising Registered Nurse with respect to all questions regarding policies, practices and procedures pertaining to the program.
1.Administers medication to participants as necessary.
2. Assists Registered Nurse in obtaining data for individual's self-medication programs.
3.Assists Registered Nurse in emergency situations and to take appropriate action in emergency situations in the Registered Nurse's absence.
4.Carries out specific treatments as ordered by the physician under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
5. Assists the Registered Nurse within the Interdisciplinary Team process in the development and implementation of programs specific to client care (i.e. on dining, positioning, ADL, personal hygiene, etc.) in conjunction with the desires of consumers and families.
6.Obtains and records weights and blood pressures of designated individuals on a monthly basis or as often as deemed necessary.
7.Maintains participants charts.
8. Advises Registered Nurse of the need for updated physician's orders on a monthly basis.
9. Attends and participates in in-service training.
10. Communicates observations and information to Registered Nurse and/or other appropriate team members to assure content, continuity and quality of care.
11.Participates on the Infection Control Committee and other committees as required.
12.Transfers individuals to and from wheelchairs, exam tables, therapy tables and bathroom facilities.
13.Assists the classroom staff with medically frail individuals during the program day.
14. Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the Supervising Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse.
Thank you for submitting your resume. To speed up the process please got to
http://www.saratogabridges.org Click "Join Our Team" and fill out our online application.
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 2 years ago