Come work for WILLCARE because we're home.
A family-started, independent, proprietary leader in the home health field, WILLCARE has been at the forefront of skilled and non-skilled home health services since its formation in 1983. Focusing on preventive, rehabilitative and therapeutic care in all applicable settings, from skilled nursing and rehabilitation to personalized care, we customize each care plan to the unique needs of our patients – always understanding that kindness and compassion is as crucial to the process as any other form of treatment.
WILLCARE owns and operates Medicare-certified home health agencies, licensed home care agencies and supplemental staffing businesses in New York, Ohio and Connecticut. WILLCARE is a significant health care employer, with more than 2,100 people working in 14 branch offices and 6 recruitment / training sites.
After more than 30 years caring for the people in the regions we serve, a visit from WILLCARE is a visit from family.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) POSITION SUMMARY:
Utilize the principles of the nursing process under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide for continuity and quality of care to patients of the Agency. Demonstrate the core nursing competencies established by the Agency to ensure effective and efficient quality care on an ongoing basis.
LPN ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
LPN EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Adhere to Scope of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurse per state regulatory guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care according to the Plan of Care under the direct supervision of the Nursing Supervisor / RN and as described in Agency's Policies and Procedures. Assisting RN or MD in performing specialized duties as needed.
- Demonstrate competency of skilled care provided.
- Follow physicians' orders accurately, promptly and without deviation and / or refers to the Nursing Supervisor for direction.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Administer prescribed medications to patients per Agency Policy.
- Monitor continually the patient's ability to safely meet his own needs.
- Reinforce instruction given to the patient / family by the RN or Physician & assist the client in learning appropriate self care techniques when applicable.
- Communicate changes in client's mental and physical condition, as well as changes in the environment to the Nursing Supervisor in a timely, accurate manner.
- Document according to policy on each patient. Documentation is organized in a logical sequence; accurately reflect the patient's condition; and identify the patient's response to care, treatment and medication.
- Recognize and report to the RN potential emergency / life threatening situations.
LPN PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current license / registration by state of hire as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- One (1) year experience in medical / surgical nursing required
- Successful completion of a Competency and Proficiency Test and Skills evaluation appropriate for the position upon hire
- Prior home care experience preferred
- Pass a physical examination after being offered employment and a health assessment annually thereafter.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform one person transfer under routine and emergency situations, reposition a bedbound patient alone and able to sit, stand, bend stoop, kneel, pull, climb, reach, lift, and perform repetitive movements of the upper extremities,
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions in some home settings,
- May be exposed to high crime areas within the service community.
- Endure exposure to weather and temperature extremes,
- Must be able to travel
At WILLCARE, we recognize that everyone's needs are different. That's why our comprehensive benefit package has something for everyone and can be tailored to fit your needs.
As a valued member of our team, you will have options in full, part-time or per visit work, weekdays, evenings or weekends, specific shifts, locations or hours. We provide a different assignment schedule each week to accommodate your personal needs.
Our progressive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, FSA, HSA, 401k, short-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and more!
WILLCARE is a family-owned, independent, proprietary, regional leader in the home health care field. And we've been doing a pretty good job...