Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Provides general patient care and basic patient education. Performs duties which indirectly support patient care such as scheduling, record keeping, and maintaining supplies inventories.
12 hour shift
Background check will be required.
Assists health care providers, registered nurses and allied health professionals with examinations, treatments, special tests and routine procedures.
- Obtains patient health history, laboratory specimens, vital signs and administers TB skin tests.
- Reviews patient chart; records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in patient's conditions.
- Schedules and coordinates paperwork for patient transfers to medical facilities or outside health care providers; administers medications; implement health care practitioners orders and documents all patient contacts using the POMR format.
- Practices safety, environmental and infection control methods.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services
- 2 years ago - save job